- 1 bunch (1 pound) rainbow chard
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or more as needed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- One 15-ounce can (1 1/2 cups) no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Pour the oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the chard stems and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; cook, stirring frequently, until the stem pieces become slightly tender yet still have a little crunch, 5 minutes.
Stir in the garlic and the chard leaves; cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until the leaves wilt.
Stir in the beans; cook just until they are heated through, 2 minutes. (They may pick up a blush color from the chard stems.)
Season with the pepper, taste, and add more salt, as needed. Serve hot.
Recipe SourceAdapted from "Naturally Lean," by Allyson Kramer (Lifelong Books, 2017).
Tested by Joe Yonan.